NB and NR control via CAT

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
iu4azc

NB and NR control via CAT

Unread post by iu4azc »

Hello, I am testing your software and I like it.
It seems suitable for a project I have in mind, but I'd like to control the NB and NR via CAT.
As a software developer I'd do it myself, but it's closed source so I need to ask: do you think you can add support for those commands?
Thanks a lot for the great software!
Enrico

Simon G4ELI

Re: NB and NR control via CAT

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

iu4azc wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:13 pm Hello, I am testing your software and I like it.
It seems suitable for a project I have in mind, but I'd like to control the NB and NR via CAT.
As a software developer I'd do it myself, but it's closed source so I need to ask: do you think you can add support for those commands?
Thanks a lot for the great software!
Enrico
I've made a note, will look at this later today, there's no technical reason why this can't be done.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

The fun thing will be coming up with a rational way to do arrange the command set to do this. You eventually may run out of MIDI notes to work with it more such features are opened to remote control. Both my partner Loren and I can probably provide some useful workarounds for such limitations. I mention MIDI because that seems to be your main remote control input. For a serial port input - please do better than the ICOM patchwork when extending the remote control facilities. That would lead to a richer future for the software.

{^_^}

iu4azc

Unread post by iu4azc »

Hello, do you have any update on this? I'd use CAT, not MIDI, so it would be "NB0"/"NB1" and "NR0"/"NR1".
Thanks,
Enrico

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

Nope - not gonna be done, likely as not. Simon wants to wrap the project in a known "good" state for long term support before making more big changes. And remote controlling "everything" is a HUGE endeavor.

{^_^}