I came across this Glitch? again today

lappydesktop

I came across this Glitch? again today

Unread post by lappydesktop »

RSPdx , after it was sitting around for a month or so unused , i plugged it in and fired up sdrc and the noise floor indicator needle was at a 8 and the s-meter needle was stuck at a S-9 and nothing i did (adjusting rf-gain/if gain) would get them any lower even with no antenna , then i faintly recalled around 3 months ago it happened then , then recalled around 6 months again it happened and then i recalled this method that seemed to reset? the rspdx .

Which was to 1st fire up sdruno after re-plugging in the rspdx and noticed straight away the s-meter sat just below a S-1 with no antenna , then closed sdruno and fired up sdrc and all back to normal with low readings on the s-meter .

This seems to happen if the rspdx is left sitting around not used for awhile and one does not use sdruno 1st , maybe there is some sort of volatile memory? in the rspdx that dissipates and needs sdruno to fill it , who knows but that is the method i used today again and there probably a reason for it so i don't actually know if its a glitch . Paul