Silent installation of SDR-Radio not possible

All bug reports here please
OK2VLK

Silent installation of SDR-Radio not possible

Unread post by OK2VLK »

Hello all!

Silent installation/automated deployment of the current SDR-Radio does not seem to be possible because it looks like that its installer always displays this info message:
vcredist.png
vcredist.png (5.45 KiB) Viewed 1493 times
It happens even if the actual 64-bit vcredist package is already installed on the system.

Is there any way to fix/workaround this issue?

Thanks!

Regards,
Daniel OK2VLK

Max

Re: Silent installation of SDR-Radio not possible

Unread post by Max »

OK2VLK wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:08 am Hello all!

Silent installation/automated deployment of the current SDR-Radio does not seem to be possible because it looks like that its installer always displays this info message:

vcredist.png

It happens even if the actual 64-bit vcredist package is already installed on the system.

Is there any way to fix/workaround this issue?

Thanks!

Regards,
Daniel OK2VLK
Never seen this one myself. Simon may be along soon to comment, but from past experience with other software, just having the latest redistributable is not always what's needed. May need some particular component of that exact version of the Redistributable. I'd just go ahead and install it then I think you will find it shuts up. I've never had an issue with doing that. Just let it do its thing!

Max

OK2VLK

Unread post by OK2VLK »

Sure, when doing standard installation, it is not a problem to confirm the vcredist installation. However, when doing automatic deployments or using tools like WinGet / Chocolatey, the installer needs to respect the silent installation switches otherwise the installation cannot continue.

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Sorry, silent installation cannot be guaranteed.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

OK2VLK wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:00 am Sure, when doing standard installation, it is not a problem to confirm the vcredist installation. However, when doing automatic deployments or using tools like WinGet / Chocolatey, the installer needs to respect the silent installation switches otherwise the installation cannot continue.
I just checked the installed script, a couple of Message Boxes did not have the silent installation option. Future kits should be OK.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!