Audio Prolbem??

KC3EF

Audio Prolbem??

Unread post by KC3EF »

When receiving pictures from the NOAA satellites everything is fine for several days and then the pictures are highly distorted. I have racked my brain trying different setting, etc. to solve the problem. I found that if I change the audio out from VCableInput to another audio source, i.e. speakers and then change it back to VCableInput that fixes the problem. The pictures will be good for several days and then I have to repeat the audio switch to correct the problem again. It seems that after a period of time the SDR Console program looses track of the audio. Any ideas on how to correct the problem would be appreciated.

Dick - KC3EF

fepiering

Re: Audio Prolbem??

Unread post by fepiering »

I've had the same problem, starting a few years ago.
Complained, but nothing was done.
Each day, I just switch to something else then back before engaging WXtoIMg.
Fred
WD9HNU

Max

Unread post by Max »

KC3EF wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:23 pm When receiving pictures from the NOAA satellites everything is fine for several days and then the pictures are highly distorted. I have racked my brain trying different setting, etc. to solve the problem. I found that if I change the audio out from VCableInput to another audio source, i.e. speakers and then change it back to VCableInput that fixes the problem. The pictures will be good for several days and then I have to repeat the audio switch to correct the problem again. It seems that after a period of time the SDR Console program looses track of the audio. Any ideas on how to correct the problem would be appreciated.

Dick - KC3EF
I am in no way an expert on this, but sounds like maybe a buffering issue of some sort? Is every single piece of audio in the chain set to 48kHz sample rate? AFAIK this is an essential to avoid issues like the one you describe. I would say that is the first thing to check?

Also I can see in the past (not necessarily this exact issue, but problems with virtual cables) that Simon recommends to tick the box "Use 250ms buffer" (see attached). Is that set in your SDR Console?

Last thing..... are you running the very latest version of SDRC? I'd always recommend using the latest published Beta version. It's always been pretty well wrung out by the Test Team before it's published on Simon's site. Sometimes people come on here with issues and it transpires they are using a version of SDRC that is months or even years old. Latest Beta was published 4 days ago (August 1st).

Max
Attachments
Buffer.jpg

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

This is an example of the two clocks issue. Going through that restart once a day or more often if needed is about the only practical solution. Although, I should think that if you do not feed the signal to any sound card output you may avoid the double sound card buffer over run/under run issue.

{^_^}

KC3EF

Unread post by KC3EF »

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I will try when I am back at my home QTH.

Dick - KC3EF