Sound issues AM Stereo and FM

All bug reports here please
lareooreal

Sound issues AM Stereo and FM

Unread post by lareooreal »

I would like to report that sound on the following configuration doeas not work properly.
The issue seems to be a decoding, clipping issue as the sound is heavily distoreted under certain circumstance.

Configuration: Windows 11, ASIO sound output (Arturia Minifuse 44khz or 48 khz), either direct but also into virtual cable
Release, issue is both on 3.2 and 3.3 3048
SDR hardware: Extio driven RX888 (thanks for the inclusion !!!!) but also Extio driven RSP1A
USB3.1 connction, I7 10700k with 32 Gb, all SSDs and running at 4.9Ghz - the machine renders the RX888 on HSDR to the max - even up to 120 mSamples/sec

Issue on SW, AM: Stereo decoding leads to heavy clipping, hissing and leftright mismapping. This issue is mostly gone, when setting to MONO. I am using this as workaround!
FM radio decoding is unusable but not important for me :)

It doeas not stutter or timing issues; for me it sound like a computation error with wrong data type (HSB/LSB/INT) computing sound not with the appropriate word size.

Max

Re: Sound issues AM Stereo and FM

Unread post by Max »

lareooreal wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:35 am Stereo decoding leads to heavy clipping, hissing and leftright mismapping. This issue is mostly gone, when setting to MONO. I am using this as workaround!
FM radio decoding is unusable but not important for me :)
For FM broadcast use, are you sure you are using BC-FM as the mode, not W-FM?

Max

PD3LK

Re: Sound issues AM Stereo and FM

Unread post by PD3LK »

Hi are you sure about AM Stereo ?
SDR Console doesn't support AM Stereo, only Pseudo stereo.
Or do you mean SAM? That's Synchrone AM not Stereo.

Please show us a full screenshot of SDRC

r/Leon