SDR Console - Nothing happening

All bug reports here please
Ogre

SDR Console - Nothing happening

Unread post by Ogre »

I recently installed SDR Console after running a few other SDR packages, and connected up my RTL SDR Dongle. Selecting the RTL SDR as the radio with a bandwidth of 2.4 MHz, and pressing start I get - Nothing. No audio, no visual dospalys, just the windows sitting there.

Went back and checked my SDR dongle is connected and receiving with some other form of application, so there is a signal there but still nothing displayed. I must be doing something obviously wrong, but for the life of me I can't work out what.

Any hints or tips? I'm dissapointed as the console looks like it could be really interesting to use. The operating system is Windows 10 if that helps.

Cheers

Max

Re: SDR Console - Nothing happening

Unread post by Max »

Ogre wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:55 am
Any hints or tips? I'm disappointed as the console looks like it could be really interesting to use. The operating system is Windows 10 if that helps.

Cheers
Please ATTACH a full screenshot in the "fault" condition with the RX DSP window open and docked left. Actually, supply two screenshots. One with the Home tab selected and one with the Receive tab selected.

Use the Screenshot tool (little camera icon right at top of screen) to take the screenshots and do NOT crop or edit those screenshots. If you do that we maty be able to see what's going on.

https://www.sdr-radio.com/screenshot

Don't give up on SDRC. It's superb SDR software. Tried many. I don't use any of them except SDRC unless I have to (almost never).

Max

Ogre

Unread post by Ogre »

Thanks for the prompt response Max, see attached screenshots.

Just to clarify, are there any external drivers that I specifically need to have installed before running the application?

Thanks for your time

Andy
Attachments
Screenshot-2023-09-25-194213.jpeg
Screenshot-2023-09-25-194213.jpeg (198.88 KiB) Viewed 768 times
Screenshot-2023-09-25-194308.jpeg
Screenshot-2023-09-25-194308.jpeg (197.67 KiB) Viewed 768 times

Max

Unread post by Max »

Ogre wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:16 am Thanks for the prompt response Max, see attached screenshots.

Just to clarify, are there any external drivers that I specifically need to have installed before running the application?

Thanks for your time

Andy
Hi Andy

You are in "HF Mode" mode, used for frequencies below 24MHz only.

Set this to "None" or whatever it is..... sorry, I forget at the moment, but it's the top option. All should come alive.

Hope this sorts it.

Max
Attachments
HF Mode.png
HF Mode.png (228.68 KiB) Viewed 756 times

Ogre

Unread post by Ogre »

Thanks Max, I had a bit of play and got things working now.

Looks interesting, I look forward to exploring the applications and all it can offer

Andy

Max

Unread post by Max »

Ogre wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:12 am Thanks Max, I had a bit of play and got things working now.

Looks interesting, I look forward to exploring the applications and all it can offer

Andy
NP Andy. Glad to hear that you got it going.

Max