Brightness for 2nd Window

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
hurz_66

Brightness for 2nd Window

Unread post by hurz_66 »

I used to have the recifer Pane on a second monitor.
But the recifer pane needs to be way more brighter than the main waterfall window.
To wind up the brightnes on the 2. monitor is not an option because this will be anoying.

So a separate slider to adjust the brightnes for 2nd or 3rd windows will be usful

THX again for ur great work!

Max

Re: Brightness for 2nd Window

Unread post by Max »

hurz_66 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:54 pm I used to have the recifer Pane on a second monitor.
But the recifer pane needs to be way more brighter than the main waterfall window.
Really no idea what this means? Do you mean the waterfall/spectrum brightness/contrast or do you mean overall brightness of the floated window? Why does the receiver window need to be a different brightness to the main display?

Max

hurz_66

Unread post by hurz_66 »

Yes , the overall brightness of the rx matrix, i was wrong about the receiver pane, but in the end its not important which window ist on a separate screen.
When my main waterfall window ist adjusted just right, in my rx matrix i can´t see much.

hurz_66

Unread post by hurz_66 »

main window waterfall.jpg
main window waterfall.jpg (129.28 KiB) Viewed 1315 times
2nd window rx matrix.jpg
2nd window rx matrix.jpg (103.01 KiB) Viewed 1315 times

Max

Unread post by Max »

hurz_66 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:22 pm Yes , the overall brightness of the rx matrix, i was wrong about the receiver pane, but in the end its not important which window ist on a separate screen.
When my main waterfall window ist adjusted just right, in my rx matrix i can´t see much.
Ah yes, I see what you mean. However, I do wonder why the wide variation in base noise level over relatively narrow frequency range? Personally I don't really see that much variation with my hardware.

Did you try adjusting Low and High settings on waterfall brightness/contrast slider? Also did you check Visual Gain and set to S0/-130dBm with no antenna?

What is the receiver (SDR)?

Max

hurz_66

Unread post by hurz_66 »

My SDR in this case is my beloved Elad FDM - S2.
Not like the stupid Airspy.
I dont know why the noise varies, i´s probably because of cable TV noise from outside?
Antenna is about 4m away from the house.
High- and low settings changes not much.
Visual gain will be tested when i am back home.