local sunset time display box is off

🌍 Not really SDR but it's written by the same developer
sat_dxer

local sunset time display box is off

Unread post by sat_dxer »

Following the switch from PDT to PST on 5 Nov/23 here in the USA, noted in the Sunset/Sunrise display box the Sunset value only shows the amount ahead by one hour, i.e. For that date (5 Nov) it reads 17:53 rather than the correct value of 16:53 also the countdown amount (time to sunset) is off by one hour. The sunrise value for the following morning (6 Nov) reads correct.

The local & UTC clock display box reads correct.

Simon G4ELI

Re: local sunset time display box is off

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

sat_dxer wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:40 pm Following the switch from PDT to PST on 5 Nov/23 here in the USA, noted in the Sunset/Sunrise display box the Sunset value only shows the amount ahead by one hour, i.e. For that date (5 Nov) it reads 17:53 rather than the correct value of 16:53 also the countdown amount (time to sunset) is off by one hour. The sunrise value for the following morning (6 Nov) reads correct.

The local & UTC clock display box reads correct.
Please show me a screenshot, also what is your exact timezone?

Ribbon Bar, Clock, Options, Timezone - show me this please.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

sat_dxer

Unread post by sat_dxer »

Well it appears to have sorted its self out this morning.
Since we can't back date the PC clock can't provide a screen shot of what it look like at the time.
Here are some screen shots from today:

The timezone jpg is the setting used for this timezone
The rise to set jpg is the countdown to sunrise today 6 Nov now showing the correct sunset time
6nov_rise jpg is the after sunrise with now (and note) the countdown to the corrected time of sunset

Will try again in March 2024 and will try to remember to check it than with a screen shot with any display errors.

Going to watch it for few more days, but since PDT is not coming back until the second Sunday in March for NA it should be working OK for now.
Perhaps it was just a small hiccup in the time change not noted by anyone else?

The only other thing noted was last evening 5 Nov the text read sunset time on the left side & sunrise time on the right side, just opposite as shown in the screen shots.

So this flipping is related to local am/pm time when viewing this display box?
Attachments
timezone.JPG
timezone.JPG (34.19 KiB) Viewed 1676 times
rise to set.JPG
rise to set.JPG (14.82 KiB) Viewed 1676 times
6 novset_riseCapture.JPG
6 novset_riseCapture.JPG (13.38 KiB) Viewed 1676 times

lappydesktop

Unread post by lappydesktop »

If you don't mind sat_dxer , how come yours is green? , EDITED= i found it in text colour , never noticed that before lol

Here is the standard one , then the second edited just then showing it switched around to the correct values by itself which is the top one , bottom one was the incorrect one as started .
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (27.28 KiB) Viewed 1640 times
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (25.5 KiB) Viewed 1641 times