sdr console is shifted -50mhz

All bug reports here please
siroxone

sdr console is shifted -50mhz

Unread post by siroxone »

hello new here im having issues with the rtl-sdr v4 i just got home a fewdays ago all programs i try sdr#, sdr++ and sdr console shift the local fm stations for an example 106.3 is located at 56.3mhz sdr# had a shift frequency option wher i can manually put in the shift but it dont save it and sdrconsole has a 0.1-100ppm buttons is there something im missing and it kind of feels like a bug one shouldnet have to shift it that much?
sorry if this has been up before tried to search for answers the past 3 days but nothing works all i have done is to make sdr# and sdr++ not work anymore.
im not really intrested in listening to fm radio but alot of people said it to be a good start bought it to get the noaa satelite pictures and listen to some world radio/cb/ham/pmr
thanks in advance /mike

Max

Re: sdr console is shifted -50mhz

Unread post by Max »

siroxone wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:51 pm hello new here im having issues with the rtl-sdr v4 i just got home a fewdays ago all programs i try sdr#, sdr++ and sdr console shift the local fm stations for an example 106.3 is located at 56.3mhz sdr# had a shift frequency option wher i can manually put in the shift but it dont save it and sdrconsole has a 0.1-100ppm buttons is there something im missing and it kind of feels like a bug one shouldnet have to shift it that much?
Definitely not right. Should work out of the box with no need to adjust the ppm settings for general use

Is it the RTL-SDR Blog V4 dongle (recently released) or the NooElec rtl-sdr dongle V4? People seem to think they are same thing and they are not so just to clarify what the hardware is?

Also please take a screenshot of SDRC in the "fault" condition using the SDRC built-in screenshot tool and post it here. Do NOT crop or edit the screenshot. When you take it, on the top ribbon bar make sure HOME tab is selected.

https://www.sdr-radio.com/screenshot

Please ATTACH it do not insert it as an image to the message. To see the attachment facility, scroll down below the message window you are typing in when replying.

Max

siroxone

Unread post by siroxone »

hey max
i bought the rtl-sdr blog v4 i bought it from rtl-sdr blog ebay store followed a link from thier site.
Attachments
Screenshot-2023-11-18-082547.jpeg
Screenshot-2023-11-18-082547.jpeg (399.98 KiB) Viewed 1059 times

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

"hello new here im having issues with the rtl-sdr v4 i just got home a fewdays ago all programs i try sdr#, sdr++ and sdr console shift the local fm stations for an example 106.3 is located at 56.3mhz"

If all SDR programs are bad with that dongle, then that dongle is broken. That is not unheard of. Now, exactly 50 MHz (not "milli-whatzits") off frequency on 106.3 MHz is quite unusual. Pick another FM frequency - is it off the same amount and if not how much is it off?

A picture showing settings, including the dongle settings, might reveal something. Whose V4 is it, rtlsdr.com's or NOOELEC's? They have different behaviors. Do any other dongles you may have work properly?

{^_^}

Max

Unread post by Max »

siroxone wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:29 am hey max
i bought the rtl-sdr blog v4 i bought it from rtl-sdr blog ebay store followed a link from thier site.
As Joanne says, if it's 50MHz off on all software then most likely a hardware fault.

Nevertheless an observation from your screenshot is that you are running SDR Console 3.2. This version does not have the full support for the RTL-SDR Blog V4 dongle. You can see in the title var it is reported as "unknown". This should show this:
V4.png
V4.png (8.43 KiB) Viewed 1046 times
Update to the latest Beta 3.3 and you will see some slightly different options in the "Radio" part of the ribbon bar, principally some changes in the HF mode selection.

So firstly update to Beta from download here (currently Build 3131):

https://www.sdr-radio.com/download#Beta

However, I don't feel this is your issue due to what you report with ALL software. I would send it back for an exchange anyway and then check again with the replacement.

Max