Launching Multiple Instances Automatically

Scanner8143

Launching Multiple Instances Automatically

Unread post by Scanner8143 »

Is there a way to launch multiple instances of SDR Console automatically at Windows startup? I currently run 3 computers running 2 SDR's each and 2 Instances of SDR Console on each. Right now if the system reboots on it's own for some reason only the first instance loads up and I have to manually bring up the 2nd instance. If I am not available at the time of a reboot (either sleeping or out and about) only half of my Broadcastify feeds are working until I bring up the 2nd instance on each computer.

Simon G4ELI

Re: Launching Multiple Instances Automatically

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Start an instance, then look at the command line with the task manager, there you see the correct command to use.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

Scanner8143

Simon G4ELI wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:28 pm Start an instance, then look at the command line with the task manager, there you see the correct command to use.
I did find it but it only shows /selectidentity so would I use "drive:\Program Files\SDR-Radio.com (V3)\Console.exe"/selectidentity?

Scanner8143

Simon G4ELI wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:28 pm Start an instance, then look at the command line with the task manager, there you see the correct command to use.
I did find it but it only shows /selectidentity so would I use "drive:\Program Files\SDR-Radio.com (V3)\Console.exe"/selectidentity?

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

Setup an instance to automatically start on boot. Check it's commandline.

For the above example (which won't do what you want - quite):
"drive:\Program Files\SDR-Radio.com (V3)\Console.exe" /selectidentity
The space in there is critical.

That is the default commandline for the program. Others exist to jump you directly into the identity you want. But do expect problems with this if Simon fixes this issue.

Urps - the documentation on "sdr-console.org" itself suggest this is not possible. I tried a few tricks and got nowhere. I used the select identity window's "configure" option to let it boot without that window. It always opens the main identity. I could only find one pertinent commandline option, the /selectidentity option you show. I tried /identity=[name|number]. That got nowhere. I tried simply the identity name or number as VHF or 2 with and without the slash. Nothing worked.

Simon? Nice tweak to fix this and not hard to code. Even I could do it.

{^_^}

Scanner8143

jdow wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:47 am Setup an instance to automatically start on boot. Check it's commandline.

For the above example (which won't do what you want - quite):
"drive:\Program Files\SDR-Radio.com (V3)\Console.exe" /selectidentity
The space in there is critical.

That is the default commandline for the program. Others exist to jump you directly into the identity you want. But do expect problems with this if Simon fixes this issue.

Urps - the documentation on "sdr-console.org" itself suggest this is not possible. I tried a few tricks and got nowhere. I used the select identity window's "configure" option to let it boot without that window. It always opens the main identity. I could only find one pertinent commandline option, the /selectidentity option you show. I tried /identity=[name|number]. That got nowhere. I tried simply the identity name or number as VHF or 2 with and without the slash. Nothing worked.

Simon? Nice tweak to fix this and not hard to code. Even I could do it.

{^_^}
You were correct, all the commandline "drive:\Program Files\SDR-Radio.com (V3)\Console.exe" /selectidentity did was bring up the Identity box and I still had to click on the 2nd Identity to get it to load.

Scott

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

To start a specific identity, the command is

"drive:\Program Files\SDR-Radio.com (V3)\Console.exe" /ident=0 to /ident=9
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

Scanner8143

Simon G4ELI wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:00 am To start a specific identity, the command is

"drive:\Program Files\SDR-Radio.com (V3)\Console.exe" /ident=0 to /ident=9
Thank You Simon that worked.

Scott

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

I must have had a persistent typo on my command prompt's scroll back buffer. I tried it fresh. This works:
"SDR Console" /ident=2

{^_^}