New Bee Having trouble with Omni-Rig

WA6GD

New Bee Having trouble with Omni-Rig

Unread post by WA6GD »

Team SDR-Radio (SRD Console)

I am able to run a stand alone version of console v.3.3 with no issues using the RSP Play Duo SDR receiver with a Omen AMD Ryzen laptop. The radio rig is a Yeasu FTDX 101d and I am driving the SDRPlay DUO via the IF output from the main receiver.

I have successfully installed Omni Rig and it syncs up and talks with the FTDX 101D tracking freq and band changes no problem. I can successfully add the external radio to my console ribbon and launch it. My problem is that it doesn't connect to Omni Rig. When I view the external radio window the external radio never comes on nor does it sync up or track frequencies in the 101D. Hopefully someone can provide me a fix.

BTW - This is a remarkable piece of software.

Thanks in advance- de WA6GD

73, Gary
Attachments
SDR-Radio.com External Radio Synchronisation tmp.11.txt
Log Files of start up
(2.08 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
SDR Console tmp.12.txt
Log file of error and failure to start ext radio
(42.32 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
show external radio always off fails to sync with OnmiRig but OmniRig is syncing with FTDX 101D
show external radio always off fails to sync with OnmiRig but OmniRig is syncing with FTDX 101D
Screenshot-2023-12-05-170734.jpeg (600.08 KiB) Viewed 1037 times

Max

Re: New Bee Having trouble with Omni-Rig

Unread post by Max »

WA6GD wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:07 am
I have successfully installed Omni Rig and it syncs up and talks with the FTDX 101D tracking freq and band changes no problem. I can successfully add the external radio to my console ribbon and launch it. My problem is that it doesn't connect to Omni Rig. When I view the external radio window the external radio never comes on nor does it sync up or track frequencies in the 101D. Hopefully someone can provide me a fix.

73, Gary
Sorry Gary, I have never run SDRC with external radio, but as nobody else has answered, did you check out the setup instructions for external radio with Omnirig here?

https://www.sdr-radio.com/external-radio

Are you using official Omnirig from DX Atlas, now 1.20 and not the modified Omnirig 2.0 (or whatever it is)? SDRC only works reliably with the original DX Atlas Omnirig version.

Max