SDR console Waterfall on TX

G4rfx

SDR console Waterfall on TX

Unread post by G4rfx »

Hi folks. I am still a newbie to SDR console but am posting because I searched through many pages of questions raised, but none seemed to be quite this issue.

Setup:
SDR console 3.3 running on 64 bit Windows 10 laptop
Pluto Plus SDR into Analog Devices CN0417 preamp into SG labs 20w PA
QO100 offsets setup in SDR console and drive at around 70%
Ethernet connection from Pluto plus to laptop

Performance
Good strong signals received from QO100 when on RX only
Good clean signals heard on the Goonhilly QO100 SDR when on TX

Issue
When on TX the local receiver waterfall on SDR console, (as distinct from listening on Goonhilly and its waterfall), is completely swamped with a snowlike image obliterating the beacons and everything else. Receive is similarly obliterated audio wise. Almost as if RF was getting everywhere, but clearly the uplink and downlink are several Ghz apart and I know from monitoring Goonhilly my signal is clean. Could this be caused by RF penetrating the Ethernet cable or is it just a setup issue that I don’t understand yet in SDR console please?

Andy

Simon G4ELI

Re: SDR console Waterfall on TX

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

please attach a screenshot so I can see your settings. Sounds like there's no TX attenuation.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

G4rfx

Re: SDR console Waterfall on TX

Unread post by G4rfx »

Hi Simon. Thanks for your prompt response and apologies for my tardiness in follow up. Life got in the way. Anyway, I attach a couple of screenshots per your suggestion. Clearly there are many settings in console, so these may not be the pages you need. I looked under TX setting as well under the three dots to the right of the Tone Switch, but could not see attenuation settings there. Or is it the TX filter slider, the purpose of which I haven’t worked out yet?

Many thanks

Andy
Attachments
Screenshot1.png
Screenshot1.png (863.75 KiB) Viewed 1759 times
Screenshot2.png
Screenshot2.png (794.96 KiB) Viewed 1759 times