External radio IF offset not updated / applied when changing modes

All bug reports here please
thedillybar

Re: External radio IF offset not updated / applied when changing modes

Unread post by thedillybar »

I bought this RTL-SDR in 2015. I do have a second one I could try to see if it compares.

I'm not having any problems at all now. The offset is correctly applied, both on start-up and when switching modes. It's working as it should.

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

If it is not broken anymore, don't fix it. I'm glad we got it working for you.

{^_-}

thedillybar

Unread post by thedillybar »

Yes, switching USB ports was the big fix. And turning on automatic gain to get the beta version working.

There is one little quirk present in v3.3. The SDR frequency doesn't always track the external radio. It works 90% of the time, but there is some weird timing where if I click to change frequency and then scroll the SDR frequency moves but not the external radio. If I wait a few seconds and change frequency in any way (on the external radio, by clicking, or scrolling) then it tracks again.

Is there a way to make the log file more verbose? Maybe that could shed some light. I'll search this forum as well...

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

Maybe open a new bug report for that last item. But, it might be a race condition among the various processes all talking to each other here. But, it might be within SDRC. And only Simon can add logging for this issue. Some radios are insanely sensitive to receiving too many commands too quickly. Some get dropped. I had to make sure the remote control tool I built for my ProII waited for Acks before sending new commands. To avoid losing anything I queued the incoming commands. I have NO idea if OmniRig does this sort of babysitting or not.

{^_^}