Sdr Console Server not running using SDR Blog V4

All bug reports here please
tecos

Sdr Console Server not running using SDR Blog V4

Unread post by tecos »

Hi
Just got my SDR Blog V4 in the mail. Installed it and it works nicely with SDR console locally along with SDR Blog V3 (working nicely in locally and server mode). I have set up the SDR Console Server the SDR Blog V4 seems not to work correctly. The HF upconverter does not work.
I'm on SDR Console V 3.3 build: 3195 using Windows 11

Best Regards
Dag

KA1GJU

Re: Sdr Console Server not running using SDR Blog V4

Unread post by KA1GJU »

Have you gone through all the steps here:
https://www.sdr-radio.com/rtl-dongles

I haven't touched mine in years, but it's been an ADSB RXR/server for Flight Radar24 for numerous years w/o trouble.
The Airspy products are plug n play, versus the RTL dongles... plug n pray.

73 Kriss KA1GJU
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

tecos

Unread post by tecos »

Hi,
The V3 is working fine no problem it is the new V4 that does not work in server mode but works fine in local mode.
Please check this link https://www.rtl-sdr.com/rtl-sdr-quick-start-guide/ info about the new V4
Dag

tecos

Unread post by tecos »

Hi KA1GJU
Yes, I have followed the setup and installation of the RTL-SDR V4 blog as I mentioned the V4 unit is working running SDR Console in local mode.
Dag

K1GF

Unread post by K1GF »

I too have installed RTL-SDR V4 and Console looks like its operating but nothing heard, as if the RF gain is zero. I have gotten it to work in SDR#. In Console the dongle is identified as "RTL Dongle USB - Unknown"

Does anyone have a solution?

Max

Unread post by Max »

K1GF wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:43 am I too have installed RTL-SDR V4 and Console looks like its operating but nothing heard, as if the RF gain is zero. I have gotten it to work in SDR#. In Console the dongle is identified as "RTL Dongle USB - Unknown"

Does anyone have a solution?
Geoff, which version of SDR Console are you using? The V4 only runs correctly in the Beta version of SDR Console. The currently published version is 3.3 Build 3195:

https://www.sdr-radio.com/download#Beta

Max

K1GF

Unread post by K1GF »

Downloaded it. No help. It doesn't seem to recognize the RTL-SDR differences. It puts something on the screen but it's all locally generated noise not external signals.

Max

Unread post by Max »

K1GF wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:15 am Downloaded it. No help. It doesn't seem to recognize the RTL-SDR differences. It puts something on the screen but it's all locally generated noise not external signals.
Two things:

Is it 100% definitely a genuine RTL-SDR Blog V4 dongle and can be seen on link below.

https://www.rtl-sdr.com/buy-rtl-sdr-dvb-t-dongles/

There has been some confusion between this and the NooElec V4 which is not at all the same beast.

If it is, then can 100% assure that SDRC recognises this and shows it as RTL-SDR V4 both in the Definitions list once added and also when it is running at the top of the SDRC title bar with all the options once it is installed. If you previously had a V3, did you delete it from the radio Definitions in SDRC then re-add the RTL-SDR V4? If not maybe try that.

Once added as a V4 it should appear in the Radio list like this. If not then it will not work as a V4 so delete and re-add:
RTL-V4.jpg
RTL-V4.jpg (47.24 KiB) Viewed 1236 times
If that does not work, then try reset of SDRC:

https://www.sdr-radio.com/reset

Max

Max

Unread post by Max »

K1GF wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:15 am Downloaded it. No help. It doesn't seem to recognize the RTL-SDR differences. It puts something on the screen but it's all locally generated noise not external signals.
Geoff, just to clarify, does your issue relate to V4 in SDRC local mode, or running the server? I assumed it was local, in which case (a) I guess that does not relate directly to this thread (b) if it's server mode, sorry we've been talking at crossed purposes because I assumed your specific issue was when running locally. I don't run server so I'm not qualified to answer any issues with that.

Max

K1GF

Unread post by K1GF »

Max,

Not sure why I'm only seeing this now. My apologies for the delay.

I am running a genuine V4.

I'm talking about local mode. Possibly the attached image will help.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-02-11 052826.png
Screenshot 2024-02-11 052826.png (32.72 KiB) Viewed 716 times