Help with GPS in Satellites.

MisterJ

Help with GPS in Satellites.

Unread post by MisterJ »

I am trying to use the Satellites Option and GPS to establish my location. I have a u-blox card that connects and finds my location very quickly but does not enable the buttons to Set Time or Location. Is there a user guide for this option? Thanks and enjoy, John.

Max

Re: Help with GPS in Satellites.

Unread post by Max »

MisterJ wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:20 pm I am trying to use the Satellites Option and GPS to establish my location. I have a u-blox card that connects and finds my location very quickly but does not enable the buttons to Set Time or Location. Is there a user guide for this option? Thanks and enjoy, John.
Once you have enabled the Satellite screen (from, the View tab in SDRC) in the Sat screen, press "Home" button at top left (see attached picture). Then scroll down the info box until you get to info about how to set up GPS input.

There is also a bit of information on this page:
https://www.sdr-radio.com/options

Possibly the same info as in the info box I first mentioned.

Hope it helps.

Max
Attachments
GPS.jpg
GPS.jpg (160.38 KiB) Viewed 1061 times

MisterJ

Unread post by MisterJ »

Thanks, Max. I think I have done all the steps. I can see the incoming data and it agrees well with the displayed data from the u-center program. The referenced navilock uses u-blox 8 and my card from SparkFun uses u-blox 10. What am I missing? Thanks, John.

Max

Unread post by Max »

MisterJ wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:28 pm Thanks, Max. I think I have done all the steps. I can see the incoming data and it agrees well with the displayed data from the u-center program. The referenced navilock uses u-blox 8 and my card from SparkFun uses u-blox 10. What am I missing? Thanks, John.
Sorry to report I don't use this function at all. Hopefully someone who does (maybe Simon?) will be along shortly to help out further.

Good luck

Max

MisterJ

Unread post by MisterJ »

Thanks, Max, enjoy, John.