Maximum hold indefinitely in Spectrum Display?

General forum information, if you have a problem or question then post here. SDR-Radio.com website. If you want a new forum then ask here.
Joerg

Maximum hold indefinitely in Spectrum Display?

Unread post by Joerg »

First off, congratulations to the author(s) for an amazing piece of software. I am just exploring it after using SDR# for a while with various SDRs.

So here is my question: With the View->Maximum button I enable the yellow maximum curve in the spectrum display. How can I change the timeout for the max curve to indefinitely? I use that feature all the time in SDR# to find transient signals in the displayed spectrum over an extended period of time.

Thanks much for any pointers!

Max

Re: Maximum hold indefinitely in Spectrum Display?

Unread post by Max »

Joerg wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:23 pm So here is my question: With the View->Maximum button I enable the yellow maximum curve in the spectrum display. How can I change the timeout for the max curve to indefinitely? I use that feature all the time in SDR# to find transient signals in the displayed spectrum over an extended period of time.

Thanks much for any pointers!
Hi Joerg. As nobody else has answered, AFAIK the persistence of this feature cannot be changed in any user settings. I think people looking for transients would do this by doing a data recording and analysing the data playback later? How, I'm not sure. I know you can skip quickly through a data playback in presetable "chunks" (see attached image).

https://www.sdr-radio.com/data-recording

Max
Attachments
DataPlayback.gif
DataPlayback.gif (83.92 KiB) Viewed 463 times

Joerg

Unread post by Joerg »

Hi Max, thank you for the reply. Without going into too much detail, I often scan good size chunks of the spectrum for transient signals that may only occur very infrequently. Once I identify frequencies of interest I analyze the signal further. For the latter the playbeck is a huge help. But going through hours or even days worth of data using the replay would be very cumbersome. I am hoping that a future release may include a variable timeout for the max line, up to indefinitely. IMO it should be fairly easy to implement. Anyway, thank you for getting back to me!

Max

Unread post by Max »

Joerg wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:43 pm I am hoping that a future release may include a variable timeout for the max line, up to indefinitely. IMO it should be fairly easy to implement. Anyway, thank you for getting back to me!
Yes, I can see why that would be useful for your requirement. Hopefully Simon may come by and comment.

Best

Max