Logbook for listenings

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
PCK

Logbook for listenings

Unread post by PCK »

Hi,
would it be possible to integrate a kind of logbook that can be filled with the basic information, date, time, frequency and manually add station, transmitter, remarks and so on.
Or is there a 3rd party tool already available? Have not found anything.
Best regards
PCK

Max

Re: Logbook for listenings

Unread post by Max »

PCK wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:27 pm Hi,
would it be possible to integrate a kind of logbook that can be filled with the basic information, date, time, frequency and manually add station, transmitter, remarks and so on.
Or is there a 3rd party tool already available? Have not found anything.
Best regards
PCK
Is this for ham radio or broadcast/utility SWL or mixed?

I use Log4OM. It's probably a massive overkill but I checked it and it is one of the few that will take a callsign entry that is not a ham radio call and log it into the list without an error, although it won't take spaces in the callsign entry and only punctuation allowed is forward slash. Most will not record a non-ham radio format callsign at all.

Alternatively what about using a spreadsheet (Google Sheets?), though sadly the entry would be all manual. But very easy and safely stored in cloud (Google Sheets).

Max

G0OFE

Re: Logbook for listenings

Unread post by G0OFE »

For Band 2 logging, I use a standard amateur logbook, with a callsign format ' DXCC Country/frequency in Mhz.x with the decimal point removed/grid locator of station ', so that Radio Romania Actualite from Cluj on 88.8Mhz becomes YO/888KN16TR.

I use that method because it guarantees a unique "callsign", and makes country tracking easy.

Others may find an equally inventive method of logging e.g. utility stations by using a ham logbook.

Another advantage of this kind of method makes for easy import/export of logs to other programs using the ADIF format.
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR