Identity for hf and qo100

General forum information, if you have a problem or question then post here. SDR-Radio.com website. If you want a new forum then ask here.
G5TV

Identity for hf and qo100

Unread post by G5TV »

Hi all, is it possible to have 2 identities on start up. One for hf and one for qo100? I tried this but when I switched to HF console still shows qo100 settings and visa versa.
I'm probably missing something obvious.
Regards Brent G5TV

Max

Re: Identity for hf and qo100

Unread post by Max »

G5TV wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:12 pm Hi all, is it possible to have 2 identities on start up. One for hf and one for qo100? I tried this but when I switched to HF console still shows qo100 settings and visa versa.
I'm probably missing something obvious.
Regards Brent G5TV
Not totally sure what you mean by identities on start-up? I think you might be referring to instances rather than identities? AFAIK it's not possible to have SDRC automatically open two identities simultaneously on starting, but nothing to stop you having multiple Identities with totally separate settings and then see below for creating individual shortcuts for each identity. In any one named Identity it will always recall the last settings and radio used.

See here:
https://www.sdr-radio.com/starting#Identity

As you can see, if, once you have the Identity selection panel open, you hit "Configure" you can see the instructions where you can set up a Windows shortcut to open individual identities, so you can have one desktop shortcut for HF and one for QO100.

Hope it helps.

Max

Max

Unread post by Max »

Forgot to say, to get to Identities panel in the first place:
Identities.gif
Identities.gif (113.92 KiB) Viewed 796 times

Max

G5TV

Unread post by G5TV »

HI max thanks for the reply, yes i need two identities one for hf and one for qo 100. so i have one id called 7300 and one called qo 100. but when i get each one set up and then swap to the other one the settings don't change eg rf gain, offset frequency tuner A or B etc etc. I must be missing something.
from your reply these settings should be for each individual identity?
regards Brent

Max

Unread post by Max »

G5TV wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:25 pm HI max thanks for the reply, yes i need two identities one for hf and one for qo 100. so i have one id called 7300 and one called qo 100. but when i get each one set up and then swap to the other one the settings don't change eg rf gain, offset frequency tuner A or B etc etc. I must be missing something.
from your reply these settings should be for each individual identity?
regards Brent
Ah yes Brent, I can see what you mean. Can you please post a screenshot for each identity (use the screenshot tool built in to SDRC and do not crop the shot) and make an exact list of which settings do not save for each identity. Is the hardware(SDR) different for each identity or the same? My guess is it's the same SDR you use in each case?

It looks to me like the Radio panel settings (the ones specific to the hardware) are not saving per identity. I think maybe this came up before and I raised it with Simon. In my case, I have Hermes Lite SDR and I want to use it both "straight" for HF and also as a transverter driver, with different TX settings, like the PA gain for example, and whether the PA is enabled etc, and I can see in that particular panel the settings are not being saved per identity.

If Simon does not happen to comment on this I will raise it again with him in the Test Team.

Max

G5TV

Unread post by G5TV »

equipment is sdr play duo ic 9700 and ic 7300
these settings all stay the same no matter which identity I chose.
1 Radio selection omnirig
2 offset frequency
3 rf gain
4 if gain
6 agc
7 visual gain
8 tuner a/b
maybe more but these are the ones I notice at the moment Max.
Regards Brent
Attachments
hf ic 7300
hf ic 7300
Screenshot-2024-03-04-181848.jpeg (182.29 KiB) Viewed 747 times
qo 100 ic 9700
qo 100 ic 9700
Screenshot-2024-03-04-175853.jpeg (310 KiB) Viewed 747 times

Max

Unread post by Max »

G5TV wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:38 pm equipment is sdr play duo ic 9700 and ic 7300
2 offset frequency
3 rf gain
4 if gain
6 agc
7 visual gain
8 tuner a/b
Regards Brent
By "Offset freq" I assume you mean the converter offset which is set when you "Select Radio" as opposed to the IF offset entered in the External Radio IF settings?

One way around that is to copy the RSPduo definition (the dialogue that comes up when you "Select Radio") and then edit and rename the copy to have the converter enabled and the original with no converter. You can have several copies all with different converter offsets. I've got several for different transverter shifts. I tested that with my HL2 and the identity does recall the last used radio definition for that identity. So if that's the case, then that would solve that one issue.

With regard to all the gains, everything else you mentioned as not being remembered is (I think) in the "Radio" panel i.e. the hardware settings for the Duo.

I will mention this again to Simon in the hope he can make it for each Identity to remember the Radio settings.

Max

Max

Unread post by Max »

G5TV wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:38 pm equipment is sdr play duo ic 9700 and ic 7300

Regards Brent
Forgot the Omnirig settings! I'm not sure Simon can get those to save with the identity? Isn't that whatever is saved last in Omnirig? I'm not at all clear on this particular point I'm afraid. Anyway, doubtless Simon will know yeah or nay.

Max