Pre amp requires AGC to be OFF? Huh?

All bug reports here please
KA1GJU

Pre amp requires AGC to be OFF? Huh?

Unread post by KA1GJU »

Just noticed this error(?). When selecting Pre-Amp on/off a window pops up saying the AGC must be off? Pre-amp works just fine on or off with AGC on.
Just uploaded the latest, V3.3 build 3236 on a W10 laptop
See screenshot

73 Kriss KA1GJU
Attachments
Pre_amp.png
Pre_amp.png (446.53 KiB) Viewed 708 times
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

jdow

Re: Pre amp requires AGC to be OFF? Huh?

Unread post by jdow »

Did you just update the AirSpy HF+? This might be a new feature of the update? That doesn't seem likely; but, I am willing to bet it's a bug. On an HF tool the preamp is usually not needed, especially with big antennas. So that may be why nobody has run across this before?

{o.o}

Max

Unread post by Max »

jdow wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:07 am Did you just update the AirSpy HF+? This might be a new feature of the update? That doesn't seem likely; but, I am willing to bet it's a bug. On an HF tool the preamp is usually not needed, especially with big antennas. So that may be why nobody has run across this before?

{o.o}
I see this dialogue on latest 3.3 Release build, but I have not yet updated firmware on HF+. What's odd is although it says AGC must be off, it's clearly (audibly) turning the pre-amp on even with AGC On. I wonder if it's a bit of text that Simon forgot to remove during one of the updates? I don't ever remember this being a prerequisite with the HF+?

Max

KA1GJU

Unread post by KA1GJU »

jdow wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:07 am Did you just update the AirSpy HF+? This might be a new feature of the update? That doesn't seem likely; but, I am willing to bet it's a bug. On an HF tool the preamp is usually not needed, especially with big antennas. So that may be why nobody has run across this before?

{o.o}
This was discovered the day before the firmware update. Checked it again after and it's still the same.

73 Kriss KA1GJU
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

I'd suggest sending a question about it to Youssef. That would nail the lid on the source of the problem's coffin.
{o.o}