SDR Console Freezing

All bug reports here please
drsavage

SDR Console Freezing

Unread post by drsavage »

SDR Console has been working flawlessly until today when a Windows update installed. Now SDR Console will run only a minute or two then freezes, accompanied by the disconnect sound ding. I can click on the stop button, wait a minute or so, then click on the start button and it will start working again, but only for a minute or two. Rinse and repeat. I had this same problem when I first installed SDR Console a few months ago but I then installed the beta version and it has worked fine until the Windows update. I updated to the latest version of SDR Console but it made no difference, and there is no current beta version to try. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is and how to fix it?

RadioSDR1

Re: SDR Console Freezing

Unread post by RadioSDR1 »

What model radio are you using?

If by chance you are using an SDRPlay radio, there is a Windows service called "SDRPlay API Service" that comes from SDRUno which SDR Console depends on. The current version of this is 3.14. I would make sure this service is the current version. I think you can download it independently of SDRUno on the SDRPlay website.

If you are using a non SDRPlay radio, perhaps SDR Console has some similar service or software dependency from the company that makes the radio that can be updated.

A couple other things to try is using a new identity in SDR Console where you don't change any of the settings from default. If it doesn't freeze then some setting in SDRC may be involved. The other thing is to boot into Windows Safe Mode and try it. I can't remember for sure whether SDRC will run in Safe Mode but if it will and it doesn't freeze, then something is loading with Windows that is making SDRC or one of its dependencies mad.

By any chance when it freezes does a dialog box appear that says "Please Wait"?

drsavage

Re: SDR Console Freezing

Unread post by drsavage »

I ended up using a program, Glary Utilities, to scan and clean the Windows Registry. Glary Utilities found some problems in the registry and then did repairs. After those repairs, SDR Console is running well and is no longer freezing.