SDRconsole frequency data export

General forum information, if you have a problem or question then post here. SDR-Radio.com website. If you want a new forum then ask here.
LuNe

SDRconsole frequency data export

Unread post by LuNe »

Hello,
I am using sdrconsole for the QO100 operation successfully.
I have linked my external radio and the SDR console shares the frequency information on 70cm to my rig.
On the SDR display I see the 10.489 frequency as it is used on the satellite.
How can I read this frequency on my logbook? Is there any USB port or com port to connect to a logbook programm?
Omnirig shows the frequency on 70cm which I do not want for the logbook entry!?
Thanky for your help
Lutz DL9DAN

Max

Re: SDRconsole frequency data export

Unread post by Max »

LuNe wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:42 pm Hello,
I am using sdrconsole for the QO100 operation successfully.
I have linked my external radio and the SDR console shares the frequency information on 70cm to my rig.
On the SDR display I see the 10.489 frequency as it is used on the satellite.
How can I read this frequency on my logbook? Is there any USB port or com port to connect to a logbook programm?
Omnirig shows the frequency on 70cm which I do not want for the logbook entry!?
Thanky for your help
Lutz DL9DAN
I don't fully understand Omnirig operation. However, most logging programs offer different interfaces (Hamlib for example) or direct com port link.

If it were me, I would keep Omnirig for the external rig, set up virtual com ports (I use and recommend VSP Manager from K5FR as being trouble-free with SDRC) and then use those virtual com ports to interface with the logging program (not Omnirig obviously).

For more CAT/VSP information see here:

https://www.sdr-radio.com/SerialPort

Max

LuNe

Unread post by LuNe »

Hi Max,
of course I am using VSPE for my other applications and connections - but:
for my QO100 (FT817 on Microham USB III) I use Omnirig for the CAT to the TRX (external radio) - this is fine

But for the RX I have the RSP2pro which is driven by the sdrconsole and the sdrconsole is set to the correct frequency using the offset.
Now how can I get this frequency out of this connection??

My log programm does not offer an offset, if I connect to the omnirig interface(ext radio frequency ) it would log 438.020e.g. which is not sufficient.

I want to read the 10.489 out of this construction . . .
73 Lutz

Max

Unread post by Max »

LuNe wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:46 pm But for the RX I have the RSP2pro which is driven by the sdrconsole and the sdrconsole is set to the correct frequency using the offset.
Now how can I get this frequency out of this connection??

My log programm does not offer an offset, if I connect to the omnirig interface(ext radio frequency ) it would log 438.020e.g. which is not sufficient.

I want to read the 10.489 out of this construction . . .
73 Lutz
Sorry Lutz, not sure of the answer. Omnirig I am sure cannot output this information. From what I can see, to log QO-100 people are using transverter offsets in the logging program. Log4OM for example has "Sat Mode":

https://forum.amsat-dl.org/cms/index.ph ... 100-1-pdf/

Hopefully some QO-100 operators will be along to say how they manage the situation. Good luck.

73, Max