Reading Jaguar sampling frequency from its WAV file header

General forum information, if you have a problem or question then post here. SDR-Radio.com website. If you want a new forum then ask here.
nhpdxr

Reading Jaguar sampling frequency from its WAV file header

Unread post by nhpdxr »

One of SDR Console's many fine attributes is the ability to read files recorded by Jaguar software (for the Perseus) at the 1600kHz sample rate.

Background: Jaguar can record at the Perseus' software's standard 2000kHz rate, but a separate 1600kHz rate was developed specially for Jaguar. Files at the 2000kHz sample rate can be read correctly by a number of different types of SDR software, and by Carrier Sleuth.

However, the 1600kHz rate files can be a bit more of a mystery, sometimes read as having a 125kHz sample rate, if read at all. In fact, if I haul out Console v 1.5 and use "Program Options / IQ data file" and analyze a Jaguar 1600kHz file, the sample rate is returned as 125kHz.

Is the sample rate somewhere else in the Jaguar WAV file header than where the 2000kHz sample rate is recorded? If so, does someone know where it is, or why the sample rate is being misread if it is in the same place? I guess Simon knows, because Console now reads the correct sample rate....

Parsing a WAV file header is not a skill that I have unfortunately, so thanks for any guidance.

Nick

jpsa

Re: Reading Jaguar sampling frequency from its WAV file header

Unread post by jpsa »

I don't know anything about Jaguar files, but if you don't get any replies from someone who does, put a (ideally small!) sample WAV file somewhere I can fetch it from, and I'll have a look at it.

John