SDR server manager

General forum information, if you have a problem or question then post here. SDR-Radio.com website. If you want a new forum then ask here.
Thierry50

SDR server manager

Unread post by Thierry50 »

hello, I have a little problem with SDR SERVER MANAGER, I can connect but with one (1) person maximum, it is impossible for 2 or 3 to connect to this sdr server, I opened the ports, etc. everything works well, but the problem is when 1 person connects, access to the server is blocked, is there a solution that I might have missed, thanks in advance.

I use a Noélec smart SDR key

KA1GJU

Re: SDR server manager

Unread post by KA1GJU »

Unlike the WebSDR or KiwiSDR's, SDR Console server allows only one radio per user. You can connect more than one SDR to a server, but still only one user gets use of the SDR. SDRC is WAY more powerful than the simplistic GUI of WebSDR and KiwiSDR. If you just want to listen to HF, those two are fine platforms. If you want to see the minutiae, open more than one RXR, record data, audio, or video, then SDRC Servers are the way to go! I have 13(?) SDR's on six servers located in NH, all on various antennas for folks to use.
So... Only one user per radio!
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

Thierry50

Unread post by Thierry50 »

hello and thank you for your answer, I've been looking for 2 days why I haven't been able to connect to more than 1 person, you just gave me the answer and it's a shame, this server will still be useful to me, thanks to you

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

It saves fights over who really has control over the front end.
{^_-}

KA1GJU

Unread post by KA1GJU »

Joanne,
I have the same issue with my remote Icom 7300's, and 7100's. All are open to the public for RX (remotehams.com's RCForb Servers), but TX is registered users only. I was in the middle of a QSO when some dipshit spun the VFO on me... 2X. Apparently some do not listen before acting. :shock:
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)