Alternate?

General forum information, if you have a problem or question then post here. SDR-Radio.com website. If you want a new forum then ask here.
Homer1952

Alternate?

Unread post by Homer1952 »

Suddenly, I am have trouble connecting either radio (HF+ and RSP2) to Console. Console launches fine & finds the radios but then Console fails to respond when I try to mate it with a radio. This happened on 3.2 & 3.3.

After connecting with Simon a bit, I uninstalled 3.3 again & tried searching for any remains of Console & was successful at deleting some or all.
I reinstalled 3.3, pinned it to the toolbar & was able to connect with the Airspy HF+ discovery. But when I tried to connect later I got the "please wait" & ultimately fail of Console once again. ???

After I shut down Console, for whatever reason, I right clicked on the Console icon in the toolbar & found multiple options: Alternate, reset & others.
So I tried Alternate & that version will load & run the HF+.

I am OK running Console that way, but still wonder why I have to select Alternate instead of the "main stream" (my term) Console.

Thanx - Bob

jdow

Re: Alternate?

Unread post by jdow »

Those sound like alternative identities you created. It appears one of them has gone fubar. The ones that do not work should be removed. I am not sure if Simon has a good way to do that or not. (I tend to brute force it.) Note that "reset" will allow you to start over. It nukes all identities.

{^_^}