Serveur SDR-CONSOLE

Thierry50

Serveur SDR-CONSOLE

Unread post by Thierry50 »

hello, I have a small problem on a friend's SRD server, the server starts fine, it is visible on the monitor, port 50101 in TCP is open, the port forwarding in the box is OK, the parser -feu is OK, and from home I connect to his server without problem, I tried the 4G connection from my car also without problem, but at my friend's house I connect the same PC to his box, and it's impossible to connect connect to its server (test with 5 different PCs), it refuses the connection and marks an error = ERROR 10060 READING RESPONSE CONNECTION TIMED OUT

do you have any idea, thanks in advance.

KA1GJU

Re: Serveur SDR-CONSOLE

Unread post by KA1GJU »

Sounds like a firewall issue at your friends router if all five PC's cannot connect. Drop the firewall in the router, or lower the securty level and see what happens.
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

Thierry50

Unread post by Thierry50 »

hello, I tried everything, it's impossible to understand this story, WAN connection but not LAN, opening port 50101, turning off the firewall, DMZ on the box, redirection of the PC with port 50101, UPNP activated, connection to the server from home with 2 PCs it's good, friends also managed to connect to the server, I also managed to connect with my 4G router from the car, he connected his PC to his phone in 4G, and it manages to connect, BUT if we try locally (pc connected to the Box) it is impossible to connect to its SDR server, access is refused and on 5 different PCs, I think I have tried everything, but I am overwhelmed by this situation, thank you

KA1GJU

Unread post by KA1GJU »

I have the same issue at my lake condo. The ISP provides a modem to go from coax to Ethernet, but I bought a router from Walmart (not sure of manufacture and model number).
I cannot access my own equipment from within the LAN. I have a remote IC-7300 on Remotehams.com's RCForb software and an Airspy HF+ on SDR Console Server. Something in the router doesn't let me access my own gear while at the condo. But if I remote into my computers at home, everything works just fine. I haven't spent the night there yet to spend quality time to figure out what setting is causing it. Otherwise I will swap out routers with one I know works 100%.

73 Kriss KA1GJU
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

Review your networking setup on each of your PCs. Make sure the current network is listed as a "work" network. What does your "ipconfig" output read? (command prompt query of course) You should see something akin to this (munged to hide secrets):

===8<---
Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : xxxx.xxxx
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.YY.nn
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.YY.mm
===8<---

If you "ping fubar" on your local network with fubar changed to match one of the other computers what results do you get?

If not check that your modem is issuing DHCP addresses for computers as they log in and it's built in DNS server is working. Usually DHCP setups have means to assign fixed addresses when the computer queries for an address. Usually those addresses are added to the DNS server's memory for responses.

That's enough for now. Let's figure out how your networking is broken. Then we can dive in deeper. At the moment I am betting your Windows network type is not set to "work". "Public" won't work; and "domain" may give sketchy results. And Windows seems to set "public" after its first network is setup for "work". "Public" means you REALLY do NOT want to share your network with your networking neighbors. "Work" means your networking neighbors are your co-workers or in this case family. (I eschew "home" as I do not know in detail how that screws up everything.)

BTW, I have some 30 items on my net, including both the half of the network that cannot get past the firewall outbound and the half allowed access to the Internet. All of them can reach each other, though. Items come and go. I've seen it with more than 50 items a time or two.

Just thought of another potential killer. Are you using an explicit 8.8.8.8 for your DNS servers or letting it get assigned when your machine gets its address? (Fixed addresses can also be poison here.)

{^_^}