Remote operation with RX-888: no gain control

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
NO6B

Remote operation with RX-888: no gain control

Unread post by NO6B »

Was using my RX-888 from work the other day using the server. Works quite well actually, but I noticed the VHF gain control was missing. Fortunately it seemed to be at just about the right gain (maybe it was set to the last local setting?), but wonder if this is by design or could we get the same set of gain controls for remote operation as what I requested for the 888 in my previous post. Also I see the maximum remote BW setting is 2 MHz; could those of us blessed with 100 MBPS or more internet BW get more? My fiber service supports at least 500 MBPS but haven't upgraded due to the lack of need for any more internet BW.

Thanks!

Simon G4ELI

Re: Remote operation with RX-888: no gain control

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

NO6B wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:38 pm Was using my RX-888 from work the other day using the server. Works quite well actually, but I noticed the VHF gain control was missing. Fortunately it seemed to be at just about the right gain (maybe it was set to the last local setting?), but wonder if this is by design or could we get the same set of gain controls for remote operation as what I requested for the 888 in my previous post. Also I see the maximum remote BW setting is 2 MHz; could those of us blessed with 100 MBPS or more internet BW get more? My fiber service supports at least 500 MBPS but haven't upgraded due to the lack of need for any more internet BW.

Thanks!
Ah - I meant to add this but forgot.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!