Data File Analyser (V3.0.26) Frequency Displays

All bug reports here please
pauldbnut

Data File Analyser (V3.0.26) Frequency Displays

Unread post by pauldbnut »

Using low-performance laptop with Win7, data file recorded from Elad FDM-S2.

Haven't yet been able to spend much time exploring this program, which seems to have super potential but gets hardly a mention here. Can someone please explain an apparent oddity?

When creating the project I used the override to set centre frequency to 1.215 MHz and accepted the default bandwidth of 15 Hz and resolution x8.
In the screenshot, the cursor is centred on a UK MW carrier and reads exactly 1,215,000 Hz (the resolution is about 9 mHz), whereas on the X-axis frequency scale the value is about 0.5 Hz higher (approximately 1,215,000.5).

The really curious thing is that changing bandwidth to 20 Hz (and apparently any multiple of 10) corrects the discrepancy, changing to 25, 35 Hz and so on reinstates the discrepancy, while low bandwidths (8, 6, 4 Hz) seem to have no problem.
The ex-BBC outlets are well known to be highly accurate, so it looks as if the frequency scale is (sometimes) out of line.

While writing this, I remembered a 3.0.27 Bug Fix mention of fractional resampler initialisation, hence last-minute decision to post as bug rather than question. Is this my problem, so should I just wait?
Thanks for any help.
Attachments
Analyser Offset.png
Paul White (Grumpy Old Git)