Keep Window Docking Status

raydeeoh

Keep Window Docking Status

Unread post by raydeeoh »

New user, so be gentle...
So far, things are going well; I have an HL2 TRX and I have set up several keyboard shortcuts to perform various functions - toggle VOX, toggle TUN, toggle XMIT, and bring up the RX and TX DSP Windows.

When I bring up the DSP and Favourites windows, they default to "Floating". I change them to "Docking" and then use the keyboard shortcuts to access them as needed. However, when I close the program and restart it, two things DON'T happen:
1) None of the keyboard shortcuts I have created work UNTIL I first use the mouse to click either on the panadapter window or one of the ribbon buttons. After I have clicked on a function (like Receiver>Options, for eg) if I use the keyboard shortcut to display either of the DSP windows or the Favourites window, they will each appear but always as "Floating" not "Docked"

2) The DSP windows and Favourites window don't retain their "Docked" status, they default to "Floating"

Of course, none of this is an issue when using a regular PC; however, what I am trying to accomplish is to use my HL2 built into a new enclosure with either a 5" or 7" touchscreen, Terryza Pocket PC and USB to Ethernet adapter, hub etc. I have mocked up the setup and it works very well indeed. I intend to use a keyboard emulator to assign several pushbuttons to emulate the keyboard shortcuts I have created and an encoder to operate as a "knob type" tuning dial, thereby eliminating the need for a keyboard and mouse. In other words, a self-contained HL2 TRX operating SDR-Console. Because of the smaller screen size, I need to be able to display and hide "Docked" DSP and Favourites windows, simply by pressing their appropriate push-buttons.

Is there a setting somewhere allowing the windows to be saved on program closing or restart as "Docked" ?
VE7ZN

PD3LK

Re: Keep Window Docking Status

Unread post by PD3LK »

Can you pls make a screenshot with the panes that you use docked?
Under the tab Home you'll find the camera (screenshot) button. Save the screenshot.

Look for the "Full Editor & Preview" button in this Forum and next for the tab "Attachments" and Add Files button: you guesses it, pls add the picture.

raydeeoh

Thanks for the reply. I have 6 screenshots.
1) Initially, nothing is docked - with a 5" or 7" screen this gives maximum panadapter/waterfall viewing and is my default.
2) KEY R pressed on keyboard, brings up the RX DSP panel. (pic shows it docked after I selected "Docking" from title bar)
3) KEY X, brings up the TX DSP panel
4) KEY B, brings up the Favourites Tree (Band selection)
5) KEYS R and X pressed sequentially, brings up the RX then TX DSP panels
6) KEYS R, X and B pressed sequentially brings up the RX, then TX DSP panels and then Band selection.

NOTES:
On initial program boot up, no panels show up UNLESS they were there when I closed the program. If I close the program with panels NOT displayed, then on reboot, I must first click on the ribbon and then bring up the window I want, then manually select Docking for EACH panel, one at a time (default is Floating).

If I close the programs with the panels displayed, then they will show up when rebooted, but the keyboard shortcuts don't work UNTIL I first select one of the panels with the mouse (or via touchscreen). That is, the keyboard shortcuts don't automatically work after rebooting.

Hope this helps explain the situation.
Robert VE7ZN
Attachments
Key R - RX DSP Docked.png
Key X - TX DSP Docked.png
Key B - Bands Docked.png
Keys R and X - RX+TX Docked.png
Keys R, X, B - RX+TX+Band Docked.png

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

Thanks, the screenshots and extra info made your point more clear for me.

I'm interested in your touch screen solution because i'm planning to do the same. For this i ordered a 7" touch screen 2 weeks ago. I want to connect it to a (not used) VGA connector on the motherboard and use it besides the midi controller for the tuning part.

I guess it is almost impossible to switch between the tabs in SDRC with a 5-7" touch screen.
So, what you need is what i like to have too, a way to easy add (show & dock) and remove (undock & hide) the panes.

You are thinking about short-keys, i was thinking about placing the most commonly used pane buttons, nicely next to each other, in the empty space from the HOME bar, right at Wideband DSP. The buttons that i would need are RX-DSP / TX-DSP / Favourites / Freq Database / Signal History / Receiver Pane (did i miss something important?) Is the current buttons size big enough to use on a small touch screen?

Not sure if Simon is willing to change anything, but first let's hear from you if this touch-button solution would work for you.

73, PD3LK, Leon

raydeeoh

Leon,
Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been on this forum for some time. Anyway, I built my HL-2 together with a 20W amplifier and 7" touchscreen into a nice enclosure from Takachi. I used a Terryza "PC on a stick" to run it all in Win10Pro. Almost nothing else runs on the machine other then SDR-C and it runs very well just on the PC Stick.

I opted for push-button switches on the encoders to bring up the RX/TX window panes and the Band Selector. The encoders themselves control the filters, modes and AF Gain (it's switch provides AF Mute). I use the pushbutton on the VFO encoder to "step up" the VFO tuning rate and a separate pushbutton to "step down" the VFO. The radio works very well and I'm happy with it. Here's a pic...
HL2.JPG
HL2.JPG (578.46 KiB) Viewed 827 times